Friday 16 October 2020
12:45 pm - 5:00 pm
Telethon Speech & Hearing Centre
Dr. Julio Rincon| Specialist Periodontist
Practical hands-on workshop. The Art of Sharpening Periodontal Instruments
Please note – date of this event is now Friday October 16th.
Advanced periodontal sharpening concepts will be covered including using a sharpening stone and diamond card, sharpening using powered instruments such as the Sidekick and Periostar.
Participants will be lead through this workshop with a lecture, practical demonstration, followed by a hands on practical component for each instrument. The instruments to be covered include:
- Periodontal Universal instruments
- Periodontal site specific Gracey’s anterior 1-2, 3-4, 5-6
- Periodontal Site specific Gracey’s Posterior Labial Lingual 7-8 and 9-10
- Periodontal Site specific Gracey’s Posterior Mesial 11-12 and 15-16
- Periodontal Site specific Gracey’s Posterior Distal 13-14 and 17-18
- Periodontal Hoes (Anterior labial palatal, Anterior M and D, Posterior hoe)
- Carbon fibre curettes for implants.
Instruments will be provided to sharpen, however it is encouraged that participants bring a selection of the above mentioned clean instruments to sharpen during this workshop.
Attendants will be able to understand the concepts of periodontal instrument sharpening including universal instruments, anterior Gracey’s, posterior Gracey’s and periodontal Hoes.
They will understand the use of powered periodontal sharpening equipment (stones, Sidekick, Periostar and diamond cards).
Dr Julio Rincon
After his undergraduate training Associate Professor Rincon completed his postgraduate periodontal course in Periodontics in Colombia. He Australia completed a PhD at Queensland University.
Dr. Rincon is Head of Periodontics Department at the School of Dentistry at the University of Western Australia and is in charge of both the undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
Event registration from 12.30pm – Tea, coffee – afternoon tea provided
Workshop begins 12.45pm
Programme concludes 5.00pm
CPD 4 Hours