Gingival Recession from A to Z
Dr Nabil Khzam | Specialist Periodontist
BDS, MPhil (Implant), DClinDent (Perio), MRACDS (Perio) – QLD
This presentatiom will cover:
- Aetiology & Contributory factors of Gingival Recession.
- Diagnosis & Classification of Gingival Recession.
- Strategies of Treatment.
Nabil graduated with a Bachelor of Dentistry in 2002.
He completed his primary and membership examinations for the Royal Australian College of Dental Surgeons in Sydney, Australia.
In 2010 he earned his Masters Degree in Dental Implants from Griffith University, Gold Coast, Australia.
In the same year, he again joined Griffith University to commence his Doctorate of Clinical Dentistry training to be a specialist Periodontist in 2012 from Queensland, Australia.
Nabil maintained a full time private practice at Gateway Dental Specialists in Booragoon with an aim to run an ethical, independent, non-corporate clinic, with excellent patient care and relationships with dentists being his primary focus.
Implant Dentistry and Surgery: from Planning to Maintenance
Dr Michael O’Halloran | Oral Surgeon
With an increasing number of implants being placed for our patients, it is important to consider where this treatment modality fits into daily practice.
Many topics will be covered in a logical patient-centred time line, including areas such as the timing of implant placement, bone grafting procedures, surgical and restorative protocols, failures and prevention of, as well as the maintenance of dental implants.
Dr Michael O’Halloran
- Professor Michael O’Halloran MA, BDentSc (Hons), MFDS RCSI, Dipl Cons Sed, MSc Imp Dent, D Imp Dent RCSEd, FFD RCSI, FDC RCSEd
- Professor O’Halloran is a registered Specialist Oral Surgeon, Head of Oral Surgery, UWA
- A trainer of Oral and Maxillofacial Registrar on the RACDS OMS Training Pathway at UWA and previously for the GDC in 2011 and 2012.
- Honours and awards include Leo Heslin Medal – Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Research Paper Award – Trinity College Dublin and Excellence in Teaching Awards, UWA.
- Research interests include surgical technique evaluation, radiology-based and surgical outcome research with a focus on the prevention of trigeminal nerve injuries.
- Michael’s dental implant training was primarily based in Ireland and the UK but extended to the USA, Norway and Europe.
Event registration from 12.30 – Light refreshments served (Tea and coffee only)
Programme begins 12.45pm – Afternoon tea served mid afternoon
Programme concludes 5.00pm
CPD 4 Hours per seminar
A Certificate of Attendance will be issued at the completion of each seminar. In most cases this will be emailed
A tally of all CPD hours gained through EdgePD will be kept on file. This is assist you in managing your CPD hours and reporting to AHPRA.
There is complimentary parking at the City West Complex (under Scitec)
A parking voucher will be emailed to you at the commencement of the week of the event.
Please print this voucher and display on your dashboard. The local council enforces wheel clamping in this precinct.
Bookings are closed for this event.