Saturday 6 March 2021
8:30 am - 1:00 pm
Perth Children's Hospital
Dr. Marc Tennant
Local Anaesthesia: A Refresher for Dental Practitioners
This workshop aims to refresh and update your knowledge on the use of local anaesthesia using traditional syringe and wand delivery.
Local anaesthetics are the most commonly used drugs in dentistry used in the prevention and management of pain during dental procedures. The anaesthetic agent used and the technique employed can have a significant impact on the comfort of the patient during clinical procedures.
This program combines seminar and practical components to review local anaesthetic agents, local anaesthesia techniques and the management of local and systemic complications associated with local anaesthesia.
- Anatomy and neurophysiology
- Mechanism of action of local anaesthetic and vasoconstrictors
- Commonly used local anaesthetic agents and calculating doses
- Materials and instruments
- Injection techniques
- Considerations and contraindications in administering local anaesthetia
- Management of complications
At the conclusion of the program participants should be able to:
- Understand the pharmacology and mechanism of action of different local anesthetic agents
- Select appropriate local anaesthetic agent, dependent upon patient’s medical history
- Feel confident administering injections using traditional syringe and wand delivery methods.
- Manage local anaesthesia-related medical emergencies
Event registration from 8.15am – Tea, coffee on arrival – morning tea provided.
Workshop begins 8.30am
CPD 4 Hours
Bookings are closed for this event.